Alberto Esposito has no criminal record and denies the charges, defense lawyer Scott Skolnick said. SPRINGFIELD - A Springfield man is facing criminal charges after allegedly sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl. Alberto Esposito, 29, pleaded not guilty Thursday in Springfield District Court to three counts of indecent assault and battery on a person under 14. Assistant District Attorney Mary Simeoli said the defendant assaulted the girl on three occasions during the summer. The girl reported the incidents to staff at the Indian Orchard Elementary School this week, leading to charges against Esposito. She asked Judge John Payne to set bail at $5,000 and order Esposito to stay away from the girl, her home and her...
READ MORE: Springfield man denies sexual assault on 9-year-old girl
Top News Headlines
- Hampden DA Anthony Gulluni calls bail for murder defendant 'terrifying precedent'
- Brother-in-law of former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick held on assault charges
- 'Higher-than-acceptable risk' of safety posed by Holyoke Soldiers' Home failure to do inspections: state audit
- Former Massachusetts governor's brother-in-law ordered held in domestic assault case
- Man charged with setting surveillance camera on ex-girlfriend's North Attleboro house
US News Feeds