Hundreds turned out to cheer on runners as they made their way though the picturesque town SHELBURNE FALLS -- A field of 590 runners participated in the 39th Bridge of Flowers Classic 10K road race on Saturday. With overcast skies and temperatures hovering in the low to mid-60s at race time, it took some of the heat off the runners on what typically could have been a steamy-hot August day. With hundreds of spectators cheering them on, the runners made their way around a figure 8 course, ending up at the finish line on Bridge Street. John Busque, of Manchester, Connecticut, took first place with a time of 31:48. The first woman to cross the finish line was Holly Rees, of Somerville, with a time of 37:05. The race is billed...
READ MORE: Seen@ The 2017 Bridge of Flowers Classic 10k Road Race in Shelburne Falls
Top News Headlines
- Hampden DA Anthony Gulluni calls bail for murder defendant 'terrifying precedent'
- Brother-in-law of former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick held on assault charges
- 'Higher-than-acceptable risk' of safety posed by Holyoke Soldiers' Home failure to do inspections: state audit
- Former Massachusetts governor's brother-in-law ordered held in domestic assault case
- Man charged with setting surveillance camera on ex-girlfriend's North Attleboro house
US News Feeds