Construction crews will close I-91 southbound each night from 9 p.m to 5 a.m. to replace joints in the viaduct section of the highway. Alternate routes are suggested for continued travel southbound. SPRINGFIELD -- The I-91 Viaduct Rehabilitation Project continues the week of Aug. 14 with the complete shutdown of the southbound lanes of the highway as new joints are installed. The southbound lanes will close at 9 p.m. each night and reopen at 5 a.m. All lanes of the southbound side of the highway will be shut down beginning at Temporary Exit 7-6 just north of the I-291 entrance ramp. Traffic coming from the north will exit the highway at Temporary Exit 7-6 and follow West Columbus Avenue and East Columbus Avenue to Hall of...
READ MORE: Interstate 91 South in Springfield closed overnight the week of Aug. 14
Top News Headlines
- Hampden DA Anthony Gulluni calls bail for murder defendant 'terrifying precedent'
- Brother-in-law of former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick held on assault charges
- 'Higher-than-acceptable risk' of safety posed by Holyoke Soldiers' Home failure to do inspections: state audit
- Former Massachusetts governor's brother-in-law ordered held in domestic assault case
- Man charged with setting surveillance camera on ex-girlfriend's North Attleboro house
US News Feeds