Four people died from drug overdoses in Chelsea over the weekend, including three deaths within a 24-hour period. Four people died from drug overdoses in Chelsea, Massachusetts over the weekend, including three deaths within a 24-hour period. Chelsea Police Chief Brian Kyes the four deaths have occurred between Friday and Sunday. "Based on this cluster of OD deaths, it appears that there may be some deadly heroin in the area," Kyes said. It is possible the drugs, heroin and/or cocaine, were laced with Fentanyl, but tests still need to be done. Chelsea Police and State Police detectives are investigating the sudden spike in overdoses and are working to determine the source. Roughly a week ago, three Chelsea officers...
READ MORE: Four fatal drug overdoses within 48 hours under investigation in Chelsea
Top News Headlines
- Hampden DA Anthony Gulluni calls bail for murder defendant 'terrifying precedent'
- Brother-in-law of former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick held on assault charges
- 'Higher-than-acceptable risk' of safety posed by Holyoke Soldiers' Home failure to do inspections: state audit
- Former Massachusetts governor's brother-in-law ordered held in domestic assault case
- Man charged with setting surveillance camera on ex-girlfriend's North Attleboro house
US News Feeds